FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, STATEN ISLAND DENTIST DR. FRED HECHT has served patients with comfortable dental care built to last. He holds patient comfort in high regard, and as a result he became a certified sedation dentist offering laughing gas, oral conscious sedation, and IV sedation at Staten Island Dental Care. He has also studied after receiving his dental degree to become a cosmetic dentist to bring beautiful smiles to his patients. As a graduate of the Pankey Center and the Kois Center, he has studied advanced procedures in many facets of dentistry. Dr. Hecht also enjoys being a part of The Flying Doctors, and he participates in missionary trips to improve oral health worldwide.
University of Bridgeport, Connecticut– B.A. 1969
University of Pennsylvania– D.M.D. 1973
New York University – The Dental Implant Program
Master of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD)
It is comforting to have a highly-trained dentist. You know that you are in good hands when you have a dentist who is at the top of his field, like Dr. Hecht.
Dr, Hecht is an AGD master dentist, which means that he has completed over 1,100 hours of extensive training as well as a rigorous exam. This is a distinction earned by less than 2% of dentists in the country!
You can be confident in the care you receive at our office when Dr. Hecht is overseeing your treatment!
Member of Associations
- ADA– American Dental Association
- Second District Dental Society
- Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Lifetime Qualified Member- Crown Council
- Fellow Academy of General dentistry
- Member of International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Over 3,000+ hours of Continued Education to date
- Certified Member of N.Y. State I.V. Conscious sedation(member no. 3970547)
- Graduate of The Pankey Institute– Level IV Training
- Graduate of The Kois Center
- Two years in the U.S. Air Force (Captain in the dental core)